I will shortly be leaving my current position at OMB Watch – so they currently have an open position (see announcement below).
Anyone want to venture a guess as to where I’m headed before I make an official announcement?
OMB Watch – Senior Budget Policy Analyst
OMB Watch, a nonprofit research, advocacy, and watchdog organization, is seeking to hire a senior level Policy Analyst in our federal budget group. The Senior Budget Policy Analyst would undertake a wide range of activities in support of our work on federal budget and tax policy issues consistent with our mission of promoting an open and accountable government that has adequate revenue to meet our nation’s priorities.
In addition to monitoring the federal budget process — from the submittal of the President’s budget, through congressional action, to final appropriations — the Senior Policy Analyst position entails working extensively with the nonprofit community, both within Washington, DC, as well as “outside the beltway.” The analyst will also focus on tax policy and its impacts on the overall budget and on various programs.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Directing and undertaking analysis and research projects on federal budget and tax issues;
- Helping to develop and manage an initiative (over the course of the next 12 months) to bring nonprofits together to promote proactive long-range tax and budget policies;
- Directing and conducting advocacy and education efforts, including working with community groups and the news media, about federal budget issues — both on the tax and expenditure sides;
- Supporting activities of nonprofit coalitions on federal tax and budget issues, including coordination of a coalition to preserve the estate tax;
- Monitoring the budget process including synthesizing information from news sources, executive branch agencies, Congress, and other nonprofit organizations; and
- Support of OMB Watch efforts in other policy areas.
This position will report directly to the Executive Director. Applicants should, at a minimum, have a college degree with significant related policy advocacy or policy analysis experience (5+ years), and an advanced degree is preferred. Knowledge of nonprofit organizations is a plus as well.
Salary: Low $40s to low $50s (depending upon education and experience) with comprehensive benefits. We will consider exceeding the salary range for those with significant related experience.
Time frame: The position will be open until filled.
How to apply: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and short writing sample (2-5 pages). Send to: Senior Budget Policy Analyst, OMB Watch, 1742 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20009, or firstname.lastname@example.org
About OMB Watch: OMB Watch was founded in 1983 to monitor the White House’s Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and has since expanded our policy areas to include regulatory policy, nonprofit issues, information policy, and the federal budget. Our goal is to increase government accountability and citizen participation. More information is at http://www.ombwatch.org.
Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.